Friday, April 19, 2013

Mortimer - Storytelling With Instruments

I love Robert Munsch as many other teachers do too. But the children love it even more with how I do the story 'Mortimer' in my classroom.

Very simple and very fun!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWdsQdsC3dLuH51Ui6PtQGb7AF82a5mlQ4ePghvTUT4xTzF5vtIrKRcct5la7TK2bNaNCAHNyV3_Fx30y2OFeDSHeWrSJAmJNLE7iYtFx0UtwG5scCqF7RBvBZpiIz9xMruZe1okXipmig/s1600/Mortimer+-+Robert+Munsch.jpg
All you need is the book: Mortimer by Robert Munsch and...

http://www.mytimeasmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Musical-Instruments-01.jpg

                                          Instruments!

Every time Mortimer sings "Clang, clang. Rattle, bing bang. Gonna make my noise all day", the children make noise with the instruments! I have done the story with the kids making loud noises with the instruments, medium-level noises, soft noises and even as-quiet-as-a-mouse noises. It's a ton of fun!! (Though, I do recommend you close the door during this circle time story!) 


1 comment:

  1. Hi I just loved your blog.I am a teacher trainer and your posts are interesting and helpful. My hearty appreciations.
    Just an obligation. I read your tips on story telling, it would be great if you upload a video on you doing a story telling to kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...