Monday, September 2, 2013

Meet Ryze




A few posts ago, I shared pictures about my Australian budgie, Raja. Now, I would like to show you my pet chameleon, Ryze. 

Ryze is 2 and a half years old. I brought him home from the reptile store in April of 2011 when he was 2 months old.


Ryze on the day we brought him home. He was this tiny!!!

He is a veiled chameleon. He can change colors from different shades of browns and greens. Ryze eats crickets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He is quite big now. This is him on my leg just hanging out!



If you have any more questions about Ryze, please feel free to ask!

4 comments:

  1. I love him, he is beautiful. He looks so prehistoric! I think of all animals, reptiles are the most misunderstood. Do you keep him in an aquarium? How long does he sleep? Is he different in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I never found reptiles that attractive until I got one of my own. They are absolutely amazing! We keep him in a quite large cage made out of mesh. He's got soil at the bottom with some plants that have large leaves. And there are vines intertwined in the cage for him to walk on. He sleeps for about 8-10 hours in a day. Sleeps at night around the same time I do and when I'm getting ready for work in the morning, he wakes up then too. In the winter he stays the same because he is inside the house so it's warm. But he still requires his extra lighting every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...